LOTV–Punch It Up

Well, finally I have made a card! (Don’t burst Bev!).
Honestly, I made this card on the spur of the moment and as a quick lovey dovey thing for Giovanni – hence it’s already written in and the photos are poo because I took them on my iPhone! (sorry!)
lotv_punch_3

This is my card for this week's Lili of the Valley blog challenge. The theme of this week's challenge is 'Punch It Up' so I have used one of my many (hmmm okay , not many, 2 lol) Martha Stewart border punches. I think the hearts are quite subtle in this paper on a man card?  I also used a xcut corner round punch, I think that counts !

I began by stamping the 'Lazy Afternoon' image onto smooth white card then coloured using my ProMarkers.
I made the easel card base in the usual way and matted with paper from a basic grey pad.  All the paper is from the same pad and coordinating, which I love as this makes it much easier to colour the image to the same colours.
Then I cut the heart border and the ribbed cardstock and matted onto the top of the easel card.  Followed by the image, which I raised up using the sponge square thingy bobs (can’t for the life of me remember the name at this moment!)  Oooo I’ve defo got ‘Hillclimbers’ !
lotv_punch_2
The ribbon and dangly’s were then added along with the button which I threaded some embroidery thread through.  The sentiment was stamped on the same cardstock and them the corner punch used once again.  The edges were then distressed with Tim holtx distress ink, added the dew drop things and hey presto front done!

lotv_punch_1
For the inside I used the coordinating paper and matted this with a simple plain piece of card cut with a nestie label die and the edges embossed for the hand written greeting.

Again some of the same ribbon and some buttons to tie the inside to the front

Hope you like it and thanks for looking .
Big Hugs
Julie

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is fabulous! Love the design, embellishments and papers you used! Hugs, Karen

    P.S. If you have time to stop by, I'm giving away some blog candy!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate your comments and they make my day.