TRULY SCRUMPTIOUS: CHALLENGE 3



I wanted to make two Mother's day cards and so far have only got one finished, so it looks like a long night!


I really liked the sketch on this week's
Truly Scrumptious blog challenge and it fitted in perfectly with the theme I had in mind.


Ingredients: Basic Grey DP Paper - Sugared, plain cardstock - The Paper Mill, Ribbon - from my stash, Charms - Ebay, Flowers - Prima, Brads - Basic Grey - Sugared, Crystals on Flowers - from my stash

I have had the Magnolia image (
thanks Bev) coloured and the chair coloured for ages ready for a challenge so apologies I can't remember the colours of the distress inks used. The shimmery bits are cosmic shimmer - quite sweet I thought!

I layered the background using Basic Grey 'Sugared' papers pad (I love these) and co-ordinating cardstock from my stash. I decided to use a slight marble effect base card for a change (I don't know why, just felt like something different other than white!).

All of the shapes have been cut using my cricut and I must give a huge thank you to Narelle, for helping me get my .cut file to weld the rectangle to the scallop edge ! Not an easy task I must say, but not for Narelle. If you have a cricut you must look at her blog, she is a very talented lady and has restored my faith in my cricut. I was beginning to think it was a pile of junk! lol

All the shapes are from either Accent Essentials or Plantinschoolbook cartridges. It took absolutely ages to get the right shapes for the inside to line up with the computer generated sentiments, but now I have a template for any further ones I want to create!



I tried to keep the theme of the front running through the card to the inside sentiments and the flower detail.





Here is the back view of the card with my new personalised stamp ! How posh!




And just a final peek at the sentiment and a special wish from me to all the mum's to have a wonderful mothers day on Sunday and make sure you let them all pamper you for a change!

Kati is making me a meal ! Should be lovely (just dread the washing-up and tidying!)


Thanks for looking and putting up with my waffle!


17 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! Nice fresh colors. I love that so many cards are looking a lot like spring now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, wonderful Tilda and fab papers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Julie! I love those BG papers too. Your personalised stamp is awesome - very professional!
    Hugs, Sem x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card - gorgeous. Thanks for joining in the TS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so pretty Julie, love the colours that you have used. have a wonderful mothers day. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - love the image and colouring..

    Thanks for joining us this week

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card. Love the image and the pretty colours. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Julie. The image is gorgeous and so are those papers! Enjoy your meal x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wowww Julie,what a beautiful cards,l love them all.
    so beautiful stamps and papers.

    have a nice weekend.
    hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card!! Beautiful coloring and layout!!...Thanks so much for entering my BC...Good Luck!!....Hugs, Ila

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a truly amazing card,
    i love the gilded look to the highback chair! BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous card! The papers are so pretty and I love how you've combined the two stamps! Thanks for joining the TS challenge this week!
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Julie! Pop over to my blog for a glass of lemonade -- it will make you want to dance!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for your comment Julie, you always manage to make me smile.
    Leo is a mixed breed, he is a rescue dog. he has a few issue's both mental and physical..bit like me..lol.
    we believe he is crossed with a shizu, he is partially blind where he kept attacking the letter box and banging his head.. and he has a huge overshot on his jaw.. bless but he is so sweet and such a loving nature to us.. not to strangers mind as he is scared to death of them..and will bark at them non stop! he's fine if they ignore him..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic card , it's Stunning darling
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well all your hard work has paid off Julie because your card is AWESOME !
    Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow this is fabulous babes!!! Such gorgeous colours and the inside is amazing!! x

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate your comments and they make my day.